Oceanlog 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll look into the program and see how. I didn't see anything labeled as such, but I probably overlooked the PDE export option. I'd love to see a slicker more polished interface, and IMO releasing the code would achieve what everybody wants. There's a thousand programmers out there who'd be willing to work on it for free if given a chance. It could easily eclipse any other dive log program out there. The best part is Oceanic doesn't have to give up control. Worst case is you have a stable version and a beta version out there.

I'll look into the program and see how. I didn't see anything labeled as such, but I probably overlooked the PDE export option. I'd love to see a slicker more polished interface, and IMO releasing the code would achieve what everybody wants. There's a thousand programmers out there who'd be willing to work on it for free if given a chance. It could easily eclipse any other dive log program out there. The best part is Oceanic doesn't have to give up control. Worst case is you have a stable version and a beta version out there.

I think Doug has recently said they are evaluating that option. In the past, he said they were not even considering it. So, I consider that progress in itself.

From way back in the 2.1.8 days I had a long list of bugs and niggles. Some are still there, some are gone. I'll have to update that list for 2.2.5, I guess.

I think Doug has recently said they are evaluating that option. In the past, he said they were not even considering it. So, I consider that progress in itself.

From way back in the 2.1.8 days I had a long list of bugs and niggles. Some are still there, some are gone. I'll have to update that list for 2.2.5, I guess.

Actually version 2.2.5 has an export to DL7 standard all you need to do is email it to DAN.
Seems a number of people using Oceanlog really don't know how to.

Maybe what would be more useful than new features that don't help divers log would be a detailed interactive users guide to teach people how to use what they already have.

Actually version 2.2.5 has an export to DL7 standard all you need to do is email it to DAN.
Seems a number of people using Oceanlog really don't know how to.

Maybe what would be more useful than new features that don't help divers log would be a detailed interactive users guide to teach people how to use what they already have.

I was commenting on the "releasing the code" suggestion not this fight over getting info to DAN.

Hey--this is supposed to be a place to share isdeas and make diving better, if you all want to argue and get petty -- step outside gentlemen...

I wish the $100 USB cable to connect the Pro Plus 2 to the computer was better.
I have a hard time getting it to connect up and I fear the pins are going to break or bend.

As far as Oceanlog goes -- it does what I need so I am happy with it, but I always like new/more features :)

Either release the code or at a minimum have an export feature that includes a complete file structure and labels that would allow a direct import into a custom Access or other database program.

First of all I really appreciate that an Oceanic Marketing Manager (Doug) is following this discussion, despite it's unnecessary excursion. This proves to me once again that Oceanic is a serious company. I'm a marketing manager myself in a totally different industry, so thanks for that!

Data management could really be improved, though. A simple example: I wanted to merge two log files, Dives 1-99, and 100-150. Not possible.

I also find it difficult or even faulty when normally diving with the VT3, but occasionally with the Geo. Doesn't work on my system.

I really like the iPhone idea. However, I have not found a way to get anything into an iPhone without connecting the phone to a computer and iTunes. So, you would still have to download the dive data from the computer to your laptop. Then use iTunes to download to the iPhone. I'm not sure that is worth the trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom