Oceanlog 2.3.7 not responding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caringbah

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Since "upgrading" to ver 2.3.7 I get a constant Not Responding message. Anyone else had this problem? I've tried reinstalling but still get the same problem on both Windows 7 32 & 64 bit. Failing a solution is there anywhere I can download an older version of Oceanlog from?

I tried upgrading from ver 2.3.7 beta to ver 2.3.7 and ended up with the same "Not Responding" problem on Win 7 64 bit.

Used the system restore and went back to the beta version.

Try going to the windows programs and features in the control panel find the Oceanlog software in the list click on it and use the repair option.

Maybe you guys have figured this out, but in case you haven't:
I had this same problem when I loaded oceanlog on a new computer. Every time I started the program it would go into "not responding" without taking any input.

I then connected my dive computer to the PC, then started the program and it came up without issue.

I then setup the divelog, and downloaded the dive log from the dive computer, saved it off, no issues.

Now the program starts without issue whether the dive computer is connected or not. It must probe for the USB device when it first loads.

I'm running 2.3.7 Built 09.21.12 (which is the beta version) computer: Atom 3

(I also discovered that if the battery is low, it will not be seen by the PC's USB device even though the dive computer still seems to work normally).

fj..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom