Oceanlog 2.2.2 still not ready for primetime!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I paid to download the information off my dive computer that's Depth,Time and Date, Starting and Ending tank pressure not what gear I wearing. I don't know of any dive computer you can load your dive gear on.The first thing the boat, Dive Master or resort ask is your dive history. How deep you been when was your last dive and how many dives. If the dive gear portion was drop off the program the program would still work. After the download portion that's freebee stuff.

Vondo why didn't you just build the cable yourself and save your money?

Teamcasa I agree with you "put the Dive site and location back on the dive page"

tajkd that's paying for software and these guys don't want to do that.

I don't know about anyone else. But, I bought a package that included a Datamask, Wireless Transmitter, a case for the mask, anti fog solution, cleaning solution, microfiber cloth, data transfer cable, and dive log software. I bought these items and I expect them all to work properly. I believe Oceanic is doing everything they can to make the dive log software work and I am trying to be patient and allow that process to happen.

I did a pool dive this week with my Datamask in order to try it out before I do some wreck dives this weekend and I love it. It appears to do everything I hoped it would. I'll know more after this weekend. But I am very happy with the mask/computer.

I paid to download the information off my dive computer that's Depth,Time and Date, Starting and Ending tank pressure not what gear I wearing. I don't know of any dive computer you can load your dive gear on.The first thing the boat, Dive Master or resort ask is your dive history. How deep you been when was your last dive and how many dives. If the dive gear portion was drop off the program the program would still work. After the download portion that's freebee stuff.

Vondo why didn't you just build the cable yourself and save your money?

Teamcasa I agree with you "put the Dive site and location back on the dive page"

tajkd that's paying for software and these guys don't want to do that.

You clearly have low expectations and that's great. I'm glad you are completely happy. But Oceanic sells the cable and the software together and advertises the software as being so much more than just downloading data points, so I expect that they will deliver a decent product.

Also, it's not clear to me that the software on their site is "free" as in I am allowed to install it and run it without a license as opposed to upgrades for existing users. I actually care about those things. So I'm not sure what your point is w.r.t. building my own cable since the communication protocol is proprietary. In case my point wasn't clear, if the license isn't free, then you certainly paid for the software when you bought the $100 cable.

In any case, all this is moot since Oceanic clearly realizes they haven't been doing as good a job as they should have, even if some of their customers have lower expectations of them.

Last edited:
Hey, guys, let's not get into personal bickering.

I think the discourse among the members of ScubaBoard and Oceanic have been a cornucopia of communication with regard to the defects in the Oceanic software.

The membership has been erudite, amicable and forthright in their assessments and reports of the deficiencies of the software and Oceanic has been a stand up company to address these issues in such an open forum.

I appreciate all of our membership's and Oceanic's posts and responses and hope that we can move forward together in concert to work these issues out.

I think that it's rather rewarding to our membership that Oceanic has elected to use us a beta site testing.

All of you are great folks . . .

The Kraken

Okay. I have a ProPlus 2. My wife has an Aeris AI. We're happy with the computers on dives.

We invested an exorbitant amount of money in an Oceanic download cable. Here's what we got: BOTH computers will, on successive pairs of dives, first display for download all of the remembered dives, and then, after the next dive, display only the first and last remembered dives. Since we're one dive out of synch, I needed to take my PC onboard for our last two-tank boat dive on Friday, download all of my dives after the first dive, and then download all of her dives after we finished (and download my last dive - with the immediately-previous dives not displayed).

This is ridiculous.

As well, running under Windows Vista, the "Export Dive Details" routine (after selecting "All Dives") runs, smirks, and then writes no exported files. Also ridiculous.

All of this with several versions of the Oceanlog software, including the 9/2008 release.

<sigh> What's so hard about making this work, Oceanic????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom