For Sale Oceanic VT4 Computer with Transmitter and USB Data Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings fom Germany, and thx GreggS; the communication between PC and VT4 is next to zero. Don't know wy. Is were anybody who can explain me what do do. Thx in advance

Greetings fom Germany, and thx GreggS; the communication between PC and VT4 is next to zero. Don't know wy. Is were anybody who can explain me what do do. Thx in advance
You really haven't given enough info for us to help you. So answer these questions and perhaps I (we) can figure out what's going on (or not going on, as the case may be.)

What type of PC are you using?

What OS does it use?

Have you downloaded the correct software from Oceanic? If not here is a link to what you need. Oceanlog 2.x You may need to download the proper drivers for the Oceanic cable.

When you connect the cable to the DC, does it show a countdown on the face of the VT4? If not, you do not have a good connection. The count down will be for 120 seconds. You need to have your dive software open when you connect the DC so you don't waste any of those 120 seconds opening the software.

Have you tried any other dive log software? If not, I recommend downloading Subsurface if for no other reason than to try connecting to it. It is a free application and is used by many on this board, including me. Although I do have the Oceanlog software on my desktop, I've only used it to customize my wife's VT4 and use Subsurface exclusively to download my and my wife's dive logs from our DCs. I use an Oceanic OCi.

So, let us know and we'll see if we can help you out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom