Oceanic VT3 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DenaliX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been diving an Oceanic VT3 for a while now. I've been thinking about picking up an extra transmitter for my pony regulator. Is there a way to check the pressure on the secondary transmitter before a dive?

Thanks!

Of course. It's no different than having the VT3 check your buddy's pressure. I thought about doing the same thing with my pony but the cost of another transmitter is rather high.

The process to check your "buddy's" pressure starts on page 109 of the user's manual. It covers checking it both during a dive and on the surface. On the surface you just hold the "S" button for two seconds.

-Charles

I just went to a 2nd transmitter on my sling bottle but also have a button guage just incase. I wish I would have done this sooner.
Best way to get the transmitter is to have a budd up up with someone and order the transmitter package, you should get a break on the cost.

I just went to a 2nd transmitter on my sling bottle but also have a button guage just incase. I wish I would have done this sooner.

I've been toying with the 2nd transmitter for the sling bottle. Some days I think I'll just bite the bullet and others I think I just don't need it. Why do you wish you'd done it sooner?

1. Having your tank pressure on wrist for the entire dive, even after you switch gases
2. When performing a gas switch your VT3 samples from your sling bottle, whatever gas is in it when downloading the dive to Oceanlog all the data is there and it is reflected in you dive profile
3. I've been using my sling for deco gas and with the digital pressure readout it you can breath the deco gas down and know exactly what is in the tank
4. I finally just bit the bullet and figured if the computer can do why not let it.

Good Luck!

All good points. My pony is a "bailout" bottle so I really don't need to monitor the pressure. If the transmitters were more reasonably priced I'd probably just get it anyway.

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom