Oceanic VT Pro, Suunto Vytec, ScubaPro Smart Com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lifeguard

Reaction score
I am new to diving and am looking to buy a computer. I have narowed it down to three choices the Oceanic VT Pro, Sunnto Vytec, and Scuba Pro Smart Com. As of now I only recreational dive but am going to get into more advanced areas. What I need is people who have these computers or have used them to help me choose which one is best based on ease of use, visibility, durability, and their ability to keep up with any new certs I might get. Any other information you can provide on these computers would be much appreciated.

Lifeguard once bubbled...
I have narowed it down to three choices the Oceanic VT Pro, Sunnto Vytec, and Scuba Pro Smart Com. As of now I only recreational dive but am going to get into more advanced areas. What I need is people who have these computers or have used them to help me choose which one is best based on ease of use, visibility, durability, and their ability to keep up with any new certs I might get. Any other information you can provide on these computers would be much appreciated.

If you plan on getting more advanced training get a wrist mount that can also be used in gauge mode. Personally i use a vytec. The vyper is another good choice but doesnt have the AI feature.

Can the wireless AI transmitter be added later or does it need to be part of the initial configuration? Just curious - it sounds like the Vytec is much more computer than I need at this point in my diving experience, especially if the transmitter can't be a future option. [I can dream, can't I? (just don't let my wife know - she'll freak over the cost) :)]

navy58,

In my research of this computer I found that you can buy the computer first then, if you want to, purchase the transmitter. It doesn't have to be part of the initial configuration.

Lifeguard once bubbled...
navy58,

In my research of this computer I found that you can buy the computer first then, if you want to, purchase the transmitter. It doesn't have to be part of the initial configuration.

Yep your right. The transmitter can be added later. It works with or without it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom