Oceanic Vortex V12 OR Apollo Bio Fin Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic just released the new Vortex V16..so you may want to try those...:wink:.

My SO dives the V12's (she's an instructor if that counts for anything..lol) and likes them. I find them a bit floppy/short and prefer the added rigidity/length in my Atomic Splitfins. Apparently, Oceanic has gone this way as well with the V16's (making them a bit more rigid with the batten design similar to Atomic). My vote would be for neither of those and to go with the Atomics...but YMMV. :)

Cheers,
Austin

ScubaLuuke:
What to chose, Oceanic Vortex V12 or Apollo Bio Fin? anything on either of these two would be great?

ScubaLuuke: Several manufacturers make very good versions of the split fin technology. Atomic, Oceanic, and ScubaPro all have good model splits.

What sets Apollo apart is that we introduced this technology. We have been rated a #1 fin ever since. We are the only manufacturer to use 100% natural rubber. The very best material available. If you want a stiffer version, with more "feel" and low end torgue the model XT is the way to go. The blue and yellow bio-fins are not quite as stiff. The original black bio-fin pro's offer the least resistance. All fins are available with factory installed spring straps.

Of course, I am very biased. Each diver is different. Your LDS may favor another brand. Try them for yourself. Split fins work. Some better than others.

I think I am going to give the Apollo Bio Fin a try, I hear nothing but positive things. However I do agree that a fin choice is of personal opinion. Hopefully it fits what I am looking for. Mdb I wear a in 9 1/2 in shoe size, mens and the fin I currently use, Scubapro, is a M-L. Any recommendations on what size I should be in Apollo Bio Fin, I will most likely order them offline simply b/c the dive shop near me does not carry them!

ScubaLuuke:
I think I am going to give the Apollo Bio Fin a try, I hear nothing but positive things. However I do agree that a fin choice is of personal opinion. Hopefully it fits what I am looking for. Mdb I wear a in 9 1/2 in shoe size, mens and the fin I currently use, Scubapro, is a M-L. Any recommendations on what size I should be in Apollo Bio Fin, I will most likely order them offline simply b/c the dive shop near me does not carry them!

ScubaLuuke: Size large bio-fin should fit your 9.5 shoe size with a normal hard soled dive boot.

My shoe size is 9.5 to 10, depending on the manufacturer. I use a size M medium in the bio fins with a soft soled boot.
I use a size Large Scubapro jet fin with the same soft soled boots.

Heya!

I wear a size 9 soft-sole boots, and ordered TWO pairs online just to try them out. (Figured that I'd want the size perfect for the amt of green that i paid. lol) Both sizes fit, but the mediums fit better for me. The foot pocket of size L is a bit wider, but length wise, both feel about the same.

I would say go for the large, since u wear 9.5 to 10. I wear 9, and the mediums fits perfect, so i'll imagine that L works for you.

Also, these fins ROCK! If you prefer more 'feel', get the XTs, cos i heard that the originals are a little more on flimsy side.

p.s. C-straps too... Will never go back to the rubber/plastic fin strap assembly again.. This may be irrelevant, but if aesthetic appeal is a factor, my XT's look SEXY.. Deep charcoal gray...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom