Oceanic Vortex V-6 Full Foot Dive Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone own these? I am looking into purchasing an all new set of snorkeling equipment, and these are the fins I am looking into. I like that they are split, that they are full foot, which I prefer for my warmer weather diving. I also like that they are shorter, therefore a bit more easy to manage than longer fins.

But my question to you guys is how do these fins preform? How fast are they, how do they preform in current, how comfortable are they for long term use?

Regards,

Houston

They are a very good fin and prefom well. The longer blade like in the V-16s will give you more power and will be better in a current. The V-6s are still a great fin but not quite as powerful as the V-16. Why are you going with full foot fins? Do you not do any shore diving, becuase if you are going to shore dive then open heel fins with boots are the way to go. If you are looking at all new snorkeling gear I would recomend the Oceanic Ultra Dry snorkel. As for a mask I feel that the Cressi Big Eyes Evolution Crystal is the best mask out there. You get a low volume mask, but the best part is the Crystal Silicone so your mask will never yellow. I hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with the ultra dry snorkel. I'll look into the fins you recommend.

I do some shore diving, but not much. I prefer the comfort of a full foot fin.

I've got a pair and love them. They've moved me against pretty strong Cozumel currents when necessary. It takes a bit of finning before one starts to accelerate fast, but I think that is common to most split fins.

I've got a pair and love them. They've moved me against pretty strong Cozumel currents when necessary. It takes a bit of finning before one starts to accelerate fast, but I think that is common to most split fins.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have ordered my V6's for warm water diving and I went to my current place of residence's indoor pool with them on and they move me across the pool fairly quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom