Oceanic viper fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seahorsey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Deadman Valley, BC ( 100 km from Kamloops)
# of dives
100 - 199
Got them, LOVE them, but now I got a drysuit and they don't fit over the booties anymore. Used hubby's split fins. Don't get me started...Swam as sleek, controlled and efficient as, say, a refrigerator. So now I'm looking for used Vipers, bigger than XS. Probably M, but would be looking at other sizes as well. Problem is, I can't find separate classifieds here for fins? :dork2: Would someone please point me in the right direction? Or have Vipers for me :)?

Do you find the vipers to be sized correctly? I am a size 12 and trying to decide between L or XL.

So now I'm looking for used Vipers, bigger than XS. Probably M, but would be looking at other sizes as well. Problem is, I can't find separate classifieds here for fins? :dork2: Would someone please point me in the right direction? Or have Vipers for me :)?

Fins, masks, and other "miscellaneous" gear can be found here: Classifieds: Other Gear and Multiple Items - ScubaBoard
You could also find several listings for Oceanic Viper fins on eBay.

*EDIT* I didn't notice the original post was from late August. :doh:

Do you find the vipers to be sized correctly? I am a size 12 and trying to decide between L or XL.

I'm a size 10, and I have the XL's. They fit me just fine whether I'm wearing 2mm or 6mm booties. Although, I don't think I'd be able to wear them with neoprene socks of any thickness.

Last edited:
I think they may fit a leeeettle on the the big side. I got women's size 7 1/2 feet, a pretty average size I think, but can't ever wear my XS Vipers without booties, way too big. Got R's now ('regular' - what do they have against 'M' all of a sudden, putting 'R' between S and L?!) for over the drysuit boots, which are about a size 9. Keep in mind the bigger sizes are not just bigger in the foot pocket, but considerably longer and wider in the blade, too. Takes quite a bit more power to move them, and I need to hold my legs further apart or they'll brush each other. Well, probably not much of a problem if you're tall and have longer legs. Me, I got penguin legs. But boy do those bigger ones go! Have taken to wearing the vipers for belly boating, too, now, and woooohoo, I can almost out-paddle my husbands' pontoon boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom