Oceanic Veo 180nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I JUST GOT THIS COMPUTER.
I have not been able to dive with it yet but read the book front to back. I am new to diving I dont understand the manual at all Is this something I will have to dive with and learn as I go? I think It is a good computer but I just dont understand everything in the book. any help?

I've had mine for about 6months now and love it. After reading the manual I had a few questions as well, but they were cleared up after my first couple dives and getting the hands on experience.

The manual is hard to understand and the screens don't make sense until you use it. They really only show you sample screens, not how to use. You really need to only set units and dates if they are not correct (unless you are on nitrox). The rest is pretty automatic, depth, time NDR and the nitrogen graph on the left side. I would dive the tables the first few times until you are comfortable. Check the computer a few times when you are down and especially you are are ascending - its real easy to exceed the 30FPM max rate. It will make a lot more sense then.

Lessthanlethal:
I JUST GOT THIS COMPUTER.
I have not been able to dive with it yet but read the book front to back. I am new to diving I dont understand the manual at all Is this something I will have to dive with and learn as I go? I think It is a good computer but I just dont understand everything in the book. any help?

I got one a few months ago & have a total of 35 deep Caribbean dives with it, love it(I made over 900 dives without a computer- never thought it was necessary-I was wrong from the standpoint of making diving 'easier' & therefore safer)......

The book is a little confusing, but basically just scroll thru all the settings & make sure they are as the book suggests them to be..after that, it's just on automatic & you'll love it...I persoanlly use the 2nd 'screen'- ie push the button one time after getting in the water- has your depth, time left @ that depth for a NDL dive, water temp & max depth you've gone...it's really as simple as reading those 4 stats on a dive....Have deco'ed it (twice I blieve, maybe more) & it's self explanatory once you 'do it'......PM if you have any further questions(although I'm no expert,.....yet...lol)......

I have been using the Veo 250 for about a week now. I had a few questions even after reading the manual so I contacted Oceanic. The tech guy was very knowledgable and had all my questions answered in a few minutes. It's nice to have a product the company can fully support when you have questions.

What's nice about the Oceanic module style computers is the simplicity with which they are laid out. When you are underwater the only thing that is displayed is what you really need to know. How deep am I? How long till I have to get out of the water based on my current profile. If you know nothing else about the computer during your dive, that alone will keep you safely out of decompression levels.

Oceanic went with larger numbers and easy to read colored bar graphs when compared to some of their competition out there.

After exiting the water most of what you want to view for your own curiosity or to enter into a log book are easily accessed and even without the manual (which I DO suggest every user read before use) it doesn't take most folks long to figure out how to manipulate the screens.

Enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom