Oceanic Veo 180nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the veo 100nx. I read the book front to back and didn't understand any of it until I actually got in the water. Compared to my buddies computer, it seems a bit conservative. Which I guess is good for me, at my current level of experience.

In regard to the 180, is it a nuisance having just one button to use? Or no problem at all?

it seems pretty limiting to its functions. not really a nuisance though.....

picxie:
In regard to the 180, is it a nuisance having just one button to use? Or no problem at all?
We've got four divers in our family, with two-each Veo 180's and two-each Atmos 2's.

Matter of taste, I think, whether you prefer one button or two. They'll both get you to where you need to go, in about the same amount of time.

With the Atmos 2, the front button will advance you through the various screens, while the side button changes settings within each screen.

With the Veo 180, holding the button down more than two seconds will advance you through the screens (and confirm settings), while a brief push will change settings. Only small glitch I've found is that if you hold the button too long while changing screens, it will start to change the settings in the new screen. Matter of timing.

OBTW... despite the apparent similarity of the two computers, they're significantly different in how theirvarious screens are laid out... like how you access Planning Mode, where you can scroll through depths and NDL times for an upcoming dive.

Regarding the manual, I agree... it's tought to figure it all out before you dive it. You do need to understand how to set everything before you dive, but that is pretty well explained.

Fortunately, everything is pretty intuitive once you're diving (make sure you remember to turn it on before you drop, or set the water activation on!!)... you just have to decide which information layout you like while diving, and you can scroll through those (and nothing else) while you're underwater.

There is a simulation mode that might help understand in advance with how things look while you're diving , but I've never gone into that.

Oh... I don't believe the manual covers anything about the safety-stop indicator. You have to read (and have!) the addendum for that.

--Marek

This thread is from 2007 and the 180NX is not manufactured any more I be leave that it was replaced by the 200 model
here is the link to the Oceanic sight

US Home : Oceanic Worldwide

Back
Top Bottom