Oceanic Veo 100nx battery change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hman77

New
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how the hell I change battery on the Veo 100nx. The instructions are fairly dismal in the manual. I have a replacement tool and I can turn the retaining ring easily enough and it comes off but the clear plastic hatch over the actual battery doesn't budge. Is this supposed to turn, pop out or what? Confused! Cheers, Paul

lol.........I have the VEO 180NX(probably very similar), changed the battery one time & for the life of me don't remember what it looks like inside. I do remember calling Oceanic & changing it was a breeze.....I would suggest calling them, but, you may be a long way away from them(ie out of US--your profile is very skimpy)......good luck, I'm sure others will pipe in........

Do you insert key, press on clear cover with thumb
to relieve pressure when turning ring 10mm to left?

thats 10mm to the RIGHT

... http://oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/12-2725-r03.pdf

clear cover pops up/out
It's retained by the tight fit of the O ring

Use Panisonic or Sony batteries .. Only use batteries rated for "pulse duty" .... those are , and are the only ones recommended by the Oceanic rep here

be careful when reinstalling it, will be hard to get down evenly without pinching the O ring .. or just getting it to go down at all

A couple of time I had to gently and carefully pry the clear lid off with a very small flat screw driver. If you get too aggressive, you will damaged the o-ring and need to replace. If you damage the o-ring and don't replace, the unit may flood (learned the hard way a few years ago).

And it just doesn't feel right "positive seal lock" when you put it back together.

I can't remember, do they say 8 or 10 second data retain battery swap on a boat?

And it just doesn't feel right "positive seal lock" when you put it back together.

I can't remember, do they say 8 or 10 second data retain battery swap on a boat?
it will remember nitrogen/oxygen calculations for repetitive dives if battery is inserted before 8 seconds elapse during battery change

Its time to change the battery in my Oceanic VEO 180 and we cant get the clear plastic cover (hatch) off. A few years ago my husband changed our sons battery in his VEO 100 and it was a little tricky. I dont think there is anything holding it but the fact that the o-ring is tight. I really dont want to take a screw driver and pry.....any other suggestions?

Thanks

tag: replace battery remove battery stuck will not come off

Its time to change the battery in my Oceanic VEO 180 and we cant get the clear plastic cover (hatch) off. A few years ago my husband changed our sons battery in his VEO 100 and it was a little tricky. I dont think there is anything holding it but the fact that the o-ring is tight. I really dont want to take a screw driver and pry.....any other suggestions?

Thanks

tag: replace battery remove battery stuck will not come off

The is nothing holding it in place once you remove the retaining ring with the tool other than friction. I just use an putty knife as a wedge. An exacto knife will work too, but its really easy to damage (your finger or the o-ring). You don't want to cut anything, just slip it in a tiny bit and pry. A screwdriver is generally too big. Once you open it, check the o-ring carefully to make sure you did not cut into it. If it is pristine, you can reuse. If you were too aggressive and cut into it, replace. A trick you can use is place the DC in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes, the air inside expands a bit and pushes out to help you.Lube it before you replace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom