Oceanic VEO 100 Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lfshadow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone provide me with any information about the Oceanic VEO 100 Wrist Computer? I found one for $289.00 new. Is this a good deal? This wil be my first computer - is it really easy to use?
Thanks

Easy to use? Yes. Good deal for this unit? Not really. I'd go with a veo 180. Nitrox compatible and not much more expensive. Check out Scubatoys website. Or better yet give em a call. They are authorized dealers and give great service. The veo 100 is a now discontinued model. It is air only and while a good comp I'd expect to pay more in the area of 175-200 for a new one. No more than 225.

Easy to use? Yes. Good deal for this unit? Not really. I'd go with a veo 180. Nitrox compatible and not much more expensive. Check out Scubatoys website. Or better yet give em a call. They are authorized dealers and give great service. The veo 100 is a now discontinued model. It is air only and while a good comp I'd expect to pay more in the area of 175-200 for a new one. No more than 225.

The VEO 180 is the discontinued model not the 100. Verify the model of 100 it should be the VEO 100 NX. This would indicate that it is nitrox capable as well. Per Oceanic website and 2007 and 2008 product guide all Oceanic computers from these years ARE nitrox compatible. This is a easy computer to use. MSRP for the Veo 100 NX is 309.95 for wrist unit. You'll have to decide if you are getting a good deal or not. I sell this model as an entry level model only. Check features of the VEO 100 versus the VEO 250 and you will probably decide to pay the $100 or so more for the VEO 250.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom