Oceanic slimline octo part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Because I am not familiar with Oceanic, or their parts policies, I thought I would look here first. I need two flexible purge button covers/faceplates??? and one diaphragm for Oceanics slimline octopus second stage. It was made of some kind of yellow rubber material that did not hold up very well and I wondered if I could even still get the parts. I do not know if there was a specific model number or if slimline was all they were called Any help is appreciated Regards Scott

It's not worth bothering with. The Oceanic Slimline and Slimline 2 are both dangerous pieces of junk. My Slimline just fell apart--the plastic disintegrated. And the Slimline 2 which I have on one of my pony bottles has violently freeflowed after trying to breathe off it as a test. It has happened twice now, the second time after adjustment by the shop. Besides that it breathes hard.

Adam

I wouldn't go as far as Hatul considering the Slimlines really dangerous, but I would also see this as an opportunity to get an octopus that is it's money worth. I had only two of the Slimline series on my workbench and was amazed that Oceanic has come up with such bad product. The components are pretty lousy and it almost impossible to adjust those octos to a level usually known on the market. Even if you get a reasonable cracking effort adjusted, the breathing comfort is much worse to what I know from all other 2nds of Oceanic. I think those octos are by far the worsed 2nds Oceanic ever built and brought on the market.

OP, parts are surely available. You will have to go through an oceanic dealer, as the company will not sell you parts direct. Purge covers are easy to replace- bring it into your local dealer and they will fix you up. I keep purge covers in stock because they haver a tendancy to dryrott.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom