Oceanic ProPlus 4 o-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been more than a few years since I had a Pro-Plus, so I don't remember as clear as I would have liked. I thought that there was a groove on the computer itself, but I'm not positive. There are some pictures in this thread that might help. If the case looks similar, I would expect the process to be the same.

Changing a battery in a dive computer should not be something that a dive shop needs to do. Especially today. I could somewhat understand when they were first introduced and often oil filled with soldered battery contacts. But today, there shouldn't be a need to have a technician need to change a single use battery. If you want to continue taking the computer in for a battery change, that's fine. It shouldn't, however, be necessary.
100%

Howdy all,

I have a couple of PP 4 computers so I just recently bought a 250 bulk pack of the correct o-rings to have plenty of extras on hand. I thought it would be ridiculous to pay almost $35 for the "official kit" from Oceanic when it is a battery you can get for 4 bucks and a single o-ring plus some silicone grease that everyone already has plenty of.

I'm thinking of offering up 10 o-rings to anyone who needs them for $1.50 mailed USPS in an envelope. If anyone is in need, send me a PM for info.

Howdy all,

I have a couple of PP 4 computers so I just recently bought a 250 bulk pack of the correct o-rings to have plenty of extras on hand. I thought it would be ridiculous to pay almost $35 for the "official kit" from Oceanic when it is a battery you can get for 4 bucks and a single o-ring plus some silicone grease that everyone already has plenty of.

I'm thinking of offering up 10 o-rings to anyone who needs them for $1.50 mailed USPS in an envelope. If anyone is in need, send me a PM for info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom