Oceanic ProPlus 2 Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjarens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So last May, while diving in Cozumel, my PP2 took a dive on it's own, ie: it quit working. I dutifully contacted Oceanic, got an RGA # and sent it in for repair. To my surprise, they shipped me back a "replacement" PP2, meaning a refurbished unit. I hadn't expected to receive another unit. I thought they would repair mine and ship it back.

I don't dive locally, so my next dive trip wasn't until the beginning of November. But before I flew half way around the world to dive, I took my "refurbished" PP2 to my local dive shop and spent 10 - 15 mins in the pool, making sure it was displaying all the usual settings.

The first thing I noticed was that there were already 8 dives logged on the refurbished unit. I thought, why wouldn't Oceanic pull the battery and cancel those dives off the computer before sending it to me? That seemed kind of odd. But all of the readouts I am use to using were performing correctly, or so it appeared.

Next, I am half way around the world on my checkout dive, and I notice that the four H2O bubbles on the bar graph are constantly flashing. This continues until I hit dive #24, which is really dive 16 for me on this trip. After I click from dive 24 to dive 1, these four bubbles quit flashing. O.K., I think, problem solved.

No more problems until two days later when, for no reason, the NDT bar graph, the ATR bar graph and the accent graph quit working at the same time. And to top it all off, now when I go into SET 2, I can no longer see the display that shows wether I have the computer set to AIR or NITROX, and so I cannot change it either. (However, here at home, that function seems to work again.)

The battery is showing fully charged, the depth, PSI, water temp and current time are working. But I cannot go to the second screen that shows elapsed time of the current dive, which I use on every dive.

I will be sending this refurbished PP2 back to Oceanic (as there was a 1 year warranty). But I have serious issues about receiving another refurbished PP2 again.

Thankfully this past summer, I had purchased an Oceanic Geo 2 wrist computer as a back up, and pressed it into service during my dive trip. So all was not lost.

Any ideas????

Oceanic has pretty good support, at least that's been my experience in the past.

Sounds like you got a bad unit. One comment about the prior dives, my guess is that pulling the battery will not delete prior dives. I know Suuntos don't delete. Also the prior dives may have been test dives in a chamber.

Adam

you were most likely in nitrox mode already and that why you did not see that setting also it may have been in the 50% default mode. You should download your computer or have oceanic download it and send you the dives information.

Thanks for all of your ideas. I will email Oceanic with my difficulties, and get an RGA# so I can send this unit back and get another replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom