Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Problem..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Alright, you guys are my last resort. Ive got 2 of these things and went to do some spearfishing yesterday and as I turned the computer on..it did the countdown check as normal...everything seemed fine...only it didn't show the PSI of the tank at all. It read 000. I entered the water ..only a few feet to see if it would change anything...but nothing. I disconnected and reconnected several times. I did the reset procedure listed in the manual several times and even popped the battery and left it out for a few hours...still wont read the pressure in the tank. I tried it with my other pro plus 2 to insure it wasn't the tank...I give up. any ideas??

Replace everything in the line one by one before you assume the problem is the computer. Especially if another computer has the same problem, it is probably a issue somewhere else in the chain.

The hose can go bad, the HP swivel can be corroded and blocked, and the first stage pinhole can be corroded and blocked.

You stated you have two so did it happen on both? I would think that would be a little weird if both computers had the identical problem so I would guess Regulator issue. If it is happening on just one computer I would think the pressure transducer in the computer was broken.

yeah its only on the one computer...I will swing by the shop today and see what they say...I haven't tried switching it to the other HP port....I will try that as well. Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom