Oceanic Pro Plus 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello!

I purchased my Pro Plus 2 about a week ago, and was finishing up the tutorial when I realized that I'm missing several screens on my unit. I have no access to the Fly Mode, Desaturation, or Logbook modes - where they are supposed to be available in surface mode on the unit. Apparently, you're supposed to be able to click through from the first screen to reach the others, but I only have two screens available.

I recently called Oceanic and left a message, but they are obviously closed. The problem being, I'm supposed to dive tomorrow and this is my one and only unit.

Anyone have any reccomendations here? Is there an update for the unit which might include these screens - and if so, how do I get it?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

-Justin

If you have not dove with the comp yet those screens are empty and will not display.

Insta-Gator,

So those screens will show up tomorrow after my first dive with the unit? Just seemed odd that the "fly mode" wasn't available as well. My biggest concern was hitting the water with the unit and having it void the unit for return from the place I purchased it.

If this is in fact the case, thank you sir - for you've made my evening :)

-Justin

The fly mode is only available for 24 hours after your last dive. When that clock elapses, it will again not show until after another dive.

Then I suppose that answers everything. I suppose that would have been a useful thing to know about in the online tutorial, since they seem to cover everything else.

You guys are a huge help, I appreciate it!

-Justin

The manual does not really address that either. I'll bet they get quite a few calls.

If you read your owners manual you would have found the answers for all three questions and the first two should have been covered in your open water course.awap the manual does address all three questions.

........ I suppose that would have been a useful thing to know about in the online tutorial, since they seem to cover everything else.....
actually we DO explain in the class that Time to Fly and DeSat screens are available after a dive ..... see image below from module 5 section 3

pp2_surface_screens.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom