Oceanic Pro Plus 2 dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judothrow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
purchased brand new from dolphin scuba in sacramento in or about 2004 and logged exactly 2 dives, sent in to dolphin for service and they sent it out under warranty to Oceanic. Oceanic decided it needed a complete rebuild and that was performed in 2005, we got the computer back and never used it. It still has the same 2 logged dives on it and it looks like brand new, however, when I had the shop put in a new battery, I pressed the start button and it now reads 160 psi, with no tank hooked up and with a tank containing 3000 psi, it reads 3160 psi.

I informed Oceanic and sent it back to a tech named mark, he said if he could confirm only 2 dives were present on the computer, he would see about getting it fixed under warranty. Upon receiving the computer, he noted that it had previously been through the rebuild process in 2005 (which I forgot to explain to him), he said at best he could only extend a 1 year warranty and it had far exceeded that.

This computer hasn't even been wet since Oceanic supposedly did the last overhaul in 2005, and my feeling is they should be more than happy to pick up the tab, who cares if it's out of warranty, this could kill someone and it's there name on the product.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions, maybe going back through dolphin, who sent it off in the first place?

Maybe I will tell them to send it back to me and that I will let someone else take there chances with the computer after I explain what's going on, if they die, Oceanic can be responsible?

I would feel different about this had the computer been used or neglected, stored improperly, etc........

I'm just giving up on this and having my computer sent back to me.
purchased brand new from dolphin scuba in sacramento in or about 2004 and logged exactly 2 dives, sent in to dolphin for service and they sent it out under warranty to Oceanic. Oceanic decided it needed a complete rebuild and that was performed in 2005, we got the computer back and never used it. It still has the same 2 logged dives on it and it looks like brand new, however, when I had the shop put in a new battery, I pressed the start button and it now reads 160 psi, with no tank hooked up and with a tank containing 3000 psi, it reads 3160 psi.

I informed Oceanic and sent it back to a tech named mark, he said if he could confirm only 2 dives were present on the computer, he would see about getting it fixed under warranty. Upon receiving the computer, he noted that it had previously been through the rebuild process in 2005 (which I forgot to explain to him), he said at best he could only extend a 1 year warranty and it had far exceeded that.

This computer hasn't even been wet since Oceanic supposedly did the last overhaul in 2005, and my feeling is they should be more than happy to pick up the tab, who cares if it's out of warranty, this could kill someone and it's there name on the product.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions, maybe going back through dolphin, who sent it off in the first place?

Maybe I will tell them to send it back to me and that I will let someone else take there chances with the computer after I explain what's going on, if they die, Oceanic can be responsible?

I would feel different about this had the computer been used or neglected, stored improperly, etc........

How many threads do you need about this? I think the ridiculous nature of your expectations were pretty clear in the thread in the Oceanic forum.

How many threads do you need about this? I think the ridiculous nature of your expectations were pretty clear in the thread in the Oceanic forum.

I think he is going to keep posting this thread until someone tells him something that he wants to hear, and what is the correct answer for his situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom