Oceanic Pro Plus 2 computer download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tparrent

Contributor
Reaction score
I have searched the archives here (as best I know how) to no avail so here goes.

I am trying to download dive data from my Oceanic Prop Plus 2. The USB cable fits VERY poorly into the dive computer. I have to hold it very tightly otherwise it just falls out. I cannot imagine this is providing a good connection.

Sure enough, I can get a USB connection found message once in awhile but I can never get the download going.

I have also tried the serial cable and am also unable to get a connection.

Am I doing something completely wrong or is this just the worst cable connection they could imagine?

Thanks for any suggestions

The USB connector for the Datmax ProPlu2 is touchy and a lousy design. It will not hold in place on its own. It took some practice holding the connector plug in the pin slot while it downloads. It has to be snugly kept in with some pressure with the connector plug flush with the housing. I clamp the area underneath where the plug meets the pin with my finger.

I assume you have gone into the Set 1 mode and selected PC before attempting to download your data where you have 120 seconds to make the handshake connection to the PC?

Short of that, something may have gone wrong in loading Oceanlog and setting up your diver profile.

Hope this helps.

I have the same computer, cable and software and I would not buy it again. Your experience with it is normal. Software does not always work correctly either. Occasionally the support helps, but at best, it is a poorly designed product. By the way, the batteries are very difficult to replace and I highly recommend that you get the dealer to replace them for you as the seat of the closing case is very sensitive and does not always seat correctly. I have flooded two that the dealer closed. Batteries only last about 50 dive so be sure to keep count of your dives before a major trip.

Funny you guys say that. When I had my Pro Plus 2 I had no problems with the battery replacement - easiest I have seen so far, unscrew 4 small screws and you are in.

Indeed the cable could fit better, but I have had no problems holding it in place when downloading. On the other hand the download software could be better designed, but it does the job if you really need to use it.

I have found the same thing with the cable , but have not had a problem getting communication if I hold it on . I did make the mistake of moving the sampling rate up to 2sec which only holds about two dives. I am getting ready to change my battery for a liveaboard trip for the first time so I hope that to not be too difficult.

The first couple times I tried hooking the cable up to my dive computer I slid it up from the back toward the front of the computer. It didn't fit very well and I had to hold it in place.

Now I push it in from the side and it snaps into place. As long as I don't pull on the cable it seems to stay just fine.

I haven't had to replace the batteries yet.

Bill B.

My wife and I have ProPlusII's and we like them. They are very popular air integrated computers. A couple of weeks ago we were on a liveaboard with 20 other divers. We were both surprised at how many ProPlusII's we saw - at least 6 others.

The cable can be a "pita" but it works. Software looks like it was written about 10 years ago but it works too. I assume you've installed the drivers and that you're putting the PP2 in PC mode before you initiate the sync.

Have you called tech support? I got through to a technician immediately on my one and only call.

I have a pro plus 2 and have attempted on countless occasions to download the dives from it. It rarely works. My usual error message is "time out". It seems to recognise the usb interface but not the computer itself. Any suggestions? I have installed, unistalled, reinstalled, updated and done everything else imaginable to correct this.

hatchman:
I have a pro plus 2 and have attempted on countless occasions to download the dives from it. It rarely works. My usual error message is "time out". It seems to recognise the usb interface but not the computer itself. Any suggestions? I have installed, unistalled, reinstalled, updated and done everything else imaginable to correct this.

I recommend you call tech support. I'm sorry to say but your problem is the exception, not the rule.

My husband has a Pro +2 and I've never had any trouble with downloading it. I figure the reason the UBS port is open is to make it easy to keep free of debris and salt deposits. I simply snap it in (lightly) and set the unit down, put it in PC mode and start the download.

Back
Top Bottom