Oceanic Pro Hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
A friend just phoned and asked if her Oceanic Pro computer could use a standard SPG hose. All of the computers that mount to a hose that I have seen use a standard hose with a quick disconnect adapter, but I don't know about the Pro. Can anyone confirm?

A 'standard SPG' hose is nothing more than a HP hose...I had an Oceanic Pro w/a quick disconnect and the hose was nothing more than a standard HP hose...Whether you use a rubber or braided HP hose they all have to meet ( or exceed ) certain PSI standards.........

Confirmed, but you need to make sure there is no QD assembly on the Pro Plus.

No special tools. The Pro plus comes in two options. With QD and without. if the Pro Plus has a QD, it needs to be removed. Adjustable wrench and a little care, it comes right off. Pop off the little rubber boot and its it's obvious how the QD comes off. it Be aware that if you switch from a QD to a non QD configuration, you need to make sure there is a high pressure spool in place between the hose and the computer. Not difficult to install, but it needs to be there. Place it in the hose end, then screw the computer on. In a non QD setup, you absolutely need the HP spool. in contrast, in the QD setup, the HP spool cannot be installed or you may damage something.

Back
Top Bottom