oceanic omega side exhaust reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pieper1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
any one know anything about these? I have one that I havnt used but im thinking I might have it serviced and use it for a back up. don't know anything about it though.. are they any good can I get parts for it??

I never used one but from reading other posts I believe the short answer is that it breathes well but a bit wet. Oceanic is selling an updated version of it so I would think it is still serviceable. Hopefully someone with more hands on experience will answer.

The regs are serviceable---maybe.It somewhat depends on the which first stage you have, some are, some have parts that no longer exist. The second stages are servo valve designs, and tolerances on them are quite precise. If those parts are worn or corroded, many times the cost to service exceeds the value of the reg. In addition, if the second stage body has been abused in dis assembly or reassembly in the past, the internal part of the housing may be damaged and need to be replaced. All Oceanic has left for color options on the second stage housing is pink.

Your best course it to call Oceanic, discuss the reg with them get an RA# and send it to them. They will discuss all your options, however, I would attempt to upgrade that old reg for a new one under their trade in program. The above poster is correct, great breathing regulator, breathes a little wet, but very old. The newer version does not breathe wet. I can personally attest to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom