Oceanic OCS compass function

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good day fellow divers!

I am looking at picking up the Oceanic OCS to replace my Mares Wide as I make a move to warmer waters.

The main feature that I like is the underwater compass, but I can't seem to find much information on the computer logging software it uses. The videos I've watched all say, "using commercially available dive software..."

Does this mean Oceanic doesn't produce a product specific interface?

Finally, regarding the underwater compass, does the computer record your bearings? In other words, if I download the log from a dive will I see something like this:

13:01PM Depth: 50ft Course: 274
13:02PM Depth: 52ft Course: 277
...etc...

TIA!

You should ask this in the oceanic forum also download the software and see if the ocs is in the software package. It not listed but it may be there.

You should ask this in the oceanic forum...
Oops! Didn't know they had one of those...

also download the software and see if the ocs is in the software package. It not listed but it may be there.

Yeah, I watched all the training videos, and as I said earlier, the only thing that is mentioned about the logging software is that it is available commercially.

TIA,

PD

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Ok - reposted in the Oceanic forum.

Thanks!

It can't record your bearing because you'd have to be holding the watch in front of you, pointed forward at all times. It's a magnetic compass, not a GPS compass that works by momentum. :wink:

I'm not sure if its compatible with oceanic a ocean log software, but all my oceanic computers came with the ocean log software. Just had to buy the data cable seperately which was $20 through divers supply. I know this is the answer for your other post, but I selected the wrong thread....my bad.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I don't want to get flamed for double posting, so I'll put all my responses in the other thread.

Back
Top Bottom