Oceanic OCI o-ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have noticed the OCi computer is a battery eating machine, Seems like I am chasing it out all the time. Does anyone know what the o-ring size is so I can just buy a pack of them for a few bucks instead than paying $30 ever time for the way over priced ocianic battery kit.

Thanks

No luck in tracking down the o-ring spec, but you can get a third party battery kit on ebay for $10.

No luck in tracking down the o-ring spec, but you can get a third party battery kit on ebay for $10.
There is no agreement on the o-ring specs for the OC1, and I think the OC1 and OCS and OCi are the same. For the OC1 you find mention of anything from 38-40 mm ID, and 0.7-1.5 mm CS. the one sold by ScubaGaskets does NOT fit; the 1.5mm CS is much too big. Here is a picture of the (1.5mm) wrong one and the actual (skinny) o-ring on a glass. The skinny one is about 0.8mm, or 1/32 inch CS. I've not found a metric or US o-ring that is close to that ID and CS.

upload_2019-5-28_11-10-45.png

Your best bet is the package from ebay: Lot of 2: Battery Kits For Oceanic OCi / OCS Dive Computer | eBay
This is a reliable seller.

Both OC1 an OCi use the same Oring: 1.5mm (cs) x 40 mm (ID), Buna N 70 Duro, Metric O ring. As with any other dive computer or dive watch we service, a new Oring is installed every time we service those Oceanic dive computer models. Our full service includes waterproofing to 160 feet and after servicing more than 100 OC1 and OCi's, all of them passed the test satisfactorily (www.divewatchdoctor.com)

Both OC1 an OCi use the same Oring: 1.5mm (cs) x 40 mm (ID), Buna N 70 Duro, Metric O ring. As with any other dive computer or dive watch we service, a new Oring is installed every time we service those Oceanic dive computer models. Our full service includes waterproofing to 160 feet and after servicing more than 100 OC1 and OCi's, all of them passed the test satisfactorily (www.divewatchdoctor.com)
The o-ring in my OC1 is NOT 1.5mm CS. It is about half that.
Here is a picture of a 1.5mm O-ring (bottom) and my OC1 O-ring (top).
upload_2019-6-7_11-26-43.png

Tursiops,

1) I said the OC1 and OCi specs are 1.5mm (cs) x 40 mm (ID) Oring and this is incorrect. Those are the correct Oring specs only for the OCi and OCS (same Oring for the two dive computers) and that is what I meant to say. My apologies for the typo.

2) You stated that OC1, OCi, and OCS use the same Oring and that is not 100% correct. The OC1 Oring specs are a 0.8 mm(cs) x 40mm (ID).

I hope I straightened up the matter.

2) You stated that OC1, OCi, and OCS use the same Oring and that is not 100% correct.
In post #3 I said "I think" they are the same. In post #5 I said I did not know.
I believe 0.8x40mm for the OC1; that matches my measurements. How do you know that? Is ti published somewhere, or did you just measure it too? Also, I can't find that O-ring in any vendor spec sheets. it does nto seem like a standard size.

In post #3 I said "I think" they are the same. In post #5 I said I did not know.
I believe 0.8x40mm for the OC1; that matches my measurements. How do you know that? Is ti published somewhere, or did you just measure it too? Also, I can't find that O-ring in any vendor spec sheets. it does nto seem like a standard size.

I know that because: a) We have measured a couple of times the Oring that comes with the original Oceanic kit. b) because in the last few years we have serviced several dozens of OC1 installing always that Oring size and the computer then passes with flying colors the pressure chamber test to 160 feet. c) Never ever a client has returned a dive computer that passes the pressure test to that depth. Write me an email to service@divewatchdoctor.com and I'll tell you where to get it.

Back
Top Bottom