Oceanic Neptune II Full Face Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JungleJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up a "used only 3 times" Oceanic Neptune II w/o reg for a nice price. I have dove with a poseiden oldie for a looooooooong time the cyclon 300, but the mouthpiece was just too darn wide to try to get it to function with the mask. So I ended up finding a Sherwood system that actually is factory mated with a Poseidin type 2nd stage, it's looks just like the Posieden FFM unit, has a pre-dive/dive switch. Got that installed, and Since where I live the only type of diving we can do at this moment is under the ICE. So I am looking into getting into a pool to work with the mask and see how things work.
Fit is perfect, if I want the unit off, just pull on the two dangle balls and lift it off. I plan on carrying a mask in my drysuit pocket on my thigh just in case. I also run a pony bottle but I've heard ppl using that as a secendary air supply on one of the side ports. I'd rather pop mast off and use the other mask if I am in need of air if the main system cuts out.
From what I can see so far, the visibility is awesome, I can see my chest etc vs a normal mask. Equilizing seems not to be a problem, just push it against my face abit and pop goes the ears.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on this setup, how is it for being upside down and other attitudes, if it has to be cleared, any tricks with that, or do I just hit the purge and let it clear ?

I've been diving for over 20 yrs, but this is the 1st time i'll be diving with a FFM, so I know I need to practice 1st before I get under the ice, that much is clear, I prefer to take things slow and make sure I am comfortable with all my gear so I can do anything eyes open or closed.

So anyways, what tips can you guys give me, what should I watch out for ? leave the shield protector on while diving ??? Is my reg setup a good one for this mask setup ??? what else should I be testing while I am pool diving ?

thanks

JJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom