Oceanic Geo, Old vs New Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Other than colors, does anyone know what (if any ) are the differences between the new and old models of the Oceanic Geo computer? There is a large difference in price.

Anyone? I guess this computer does not have enough bells and whistles for anyone around here to care about it.

I doubt that. There is such a wide range of divers on SB...from those who dive extremely high tech to those who don't even use a computer. Maybe no one knows the answer to the question.

My guess is that it's the same computer with the only additions being a fancy paint job and a bigger price tag.

@Hemlon, you can doubt what I say, but when I look at the threads in this part of the forum, the computers with multiple gas support and wireless integration seem to be the ones getting all the attention.

As someone who has done a two gas dive or three, I can say it is not a trivial thing. I doubt that even 2% of the owners of 2 gas capable computers have ever done one. For that matter, I lock mine in gauge mode and write the plan on a slate.

As for whether they don't know, that's probably true & so obvious you did not need to remind me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom