Oceanic Geo EL2 error?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife's VT3 actually switeched to EL2 underwater if you can believe it. It was under warranty, so I just sent it back to Oceanic. Got a new one in about a week.

Ok...I am getting frustrated with oceanic. First, I tried to email tech support and got no response. At this point I decided to contact them through the general information link on their site. The recipient forwarded my complaint to tech support, and a few days later I hear from one of their employees. I was surprised to find out they are not willing to help with this due to the time lapse being longer than the period of the warranty, even though it is a problem that has existed since the product was new out of the box with two seperate computers purchased at the same time. I explained this to their rep. and asked if they could do anthing to help. It has been two and a half weeks since my last attempt to contact them with no response. Both my geo and my brothers atom which were purchased from the same dealer at the same time are experiencing this problem, and have since new. Looking online this doe not seem to be a uncommon problem. Is this really the type of customer service oceanic is typical of having?

It's not typical based on my personal experience. My Geo revealed a firmware bug on a week-long dive trip; Oceanic was far more responsive about this than was my LDS. LDS thought I didn't know how to read my computer, while Oceanic took me seriously, analyzed the data, developed a patch, and got it to me (via LDS) after several months of development. This was done while my computer was still under warranty, so maybe that made a difference, but I was highly satisfied with the help I got. Happily, my Geo (just about two years old now) has not had the problem described on this thread.

I think it is a software problem, or a problem with the sensors. Either way it is not a problem that occured, rather one that both computers came from the manufacturer with.

Back
Top Bottom