Oceanic Geo defaulting to GAUGE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bracko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi,

this has happened to me twice now, the first time i can't be sure that i didn't fiddle around with it as it was quite new, but this I'm I'm almost certain it did it all on its own!

I've done some quick research which states this

"
You can get "locked out" of the GEO (sort of) if you go way, way beyond no decompression limits and the computer goes into gauge mode (bottom timer and depth gauge only). I wouldn't worry about it happening, but if it does, it's doing it for your own good (you shouldn't be diving anymore for 12-24 hours past that point). You really SHOULD want one that does that, for your safety.

"

from http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...alyzers/297871-oceanic-geo-dive-computer.html

however i can assure you that this isn't the fact for me... the previous day i completed one 60min dive with my max depth being 6.5m!

so the events are... Saturday = 1x60min dive max depth 6.5m (Deco was at one bar across the top of the watch). Sunday = begin dive, watch enters gauge mode on the first dive (lucky I had my tables with me)
no fly was 24 hours which locks you out of changing the watch's mode.
24 hrs later, exit no fly time... press "M" button for >2 seconds to go into plan/setup and low and behold the plan is "NORM" so press "M" >2sec = Gauge flasshing, "M" >2sec "FREE" flashing, then again for back to NORM which isn't flashing meaning it's the selected mode (to my understanding!)

so my question is... how the hell did the watch enter "gauge" mode then when i get out of no fly time it's back to normal mode?!?! I'm fairly confident that i didn't set it into gauge mode after my saturday dive, which possibly i couldn't even have done considering no-fly would have been at least 18 hrs on the saturday as the dive is showing 1:03. I was trying to teach someone how to use their GEO2.0 so was using my watch as a reference (buggers have made slight differences to the menu structure!) but as it was no more than 3 hours after the dive I'm sure i couldn't have changed the dive mode to gauge...

DB.

Last edited:
The only time I had my Oceanic computer, Veo200, act weird was when the battery was crapping out. Changed the battery and it worked fine, now I replace the battery before my birthday dive trip each year.

Bob
--------------------------------------
You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the Duct Tape

A possibility as I bought this watch about 8 months ago, but have no idea whether it's been sitting in "deep sleep" mode since it was brought into the store god knows how long ago (or if it even has one).

Back
Top Bottom