Oceanic Geo 2.0 vs. Veo 2.0 Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had almost made up my mind on a Geo but see the selection of consoles where the Veo is included along with a pressure gauge.
Is there an advantage or disadvantage to this in your opinion.
With the new setup I'm putting together I need to include pressure gauge, compass, and computer for efficient use but don't really want a three gauge console and kind of like the small pressure gauge clipped to a D ring by itself.

I hate danglies and the big consoles are major contributors to danglies. I've never had one and I never will. I have a Geo and a plain analog SPG.

Compass is on my wrist.

I hate danglies and the big consoles are major contributors to danglies. I've never had one and I never will. I have a Geo and a plain analog SPG.

Compass is on my wrist.

Exactly my thoughts but the compass is much easier to use when held straight out in front at arms length as with a console.
Which wrist compass / mount are you using?

Last edited:
$40 Tech compass from Dive Gear Express.

Knot on wrist loop is a Fisherman's knot, so it slides, to adjust the size of the wrist loop. E.g. for use in a thin wetsuit with no gloves or in a drysuit with dry gloves.

2017-05-15 11.38.41.jpg 2017-05-15 11.38.49.jpg 2017-05-15 11.39.17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom