Oceanic Geo 2.0 display Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nidankempo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings, I just got my Geo 2.0 and love it! However I noticed that my display when in any mode except watch, it tends to have unused fields dimly lit. It is not a major issue however the display model I saw at both Beneath the sea and at my LDS does not do this. Any Opinions? If a picture would help describe this I can try to take one later.

Thanks,
-Stephen

Any change on this? Is it still "ghosting" the other fields?

I am considering a Geo 2.0, but am a bit wary after reading of the battery-eating issues of the older Geo. I was hopeful the Geo 2.0 was an improvement.

Sorry for my delay in replying I was out diving! Turns out it is/was a display problem. My LDS replaced it. I logged 8 dives on it this weekend 2 of which were nitrox had no problems with it what so ever I highly recommend the Geo 2.0 . Two of the guys I was diving with were using them as well and felt the same way. Hope this helps.

Thanks nidankempo - Glad to hear your LDS stood behind it, and that you are satisfied. I started another thread in the general computer area and found several other folks happy with theirs also. No mention of the battery issues that some of the first generation Geo folks had.

Happy diving!

Yea, the battery issue on the first gen geos was a little bothersome. I finally did send both of my geos back to oceanic, they replaced one of them which I then upgraded to an atom 2.0 at the LDS, and the second one they reconditioned since it was out of warranty and it only cost me $25 bucks and it is now fully warranty again. But the geo 2.0's are really nice and if my geo gives me any more problems I will get the 2.0

Back
Top Bottom