Oceanic FDX10 Enviro Seal cover (any machinists outthere?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a question to any machinists out there....

The piece in the picture is made of plastic and i had cracked it twice already. Once during shipping and once diving.... So i thought it would be a pretty good idea to have this custom made of aluminum.

attachment.php

If anyone thinks he can have this made please PM me on this board or simply reply. I'm really interested in a few pieces at this stage.

Thanks!

Attachments

• fdx10_cover.JPG
    fdx10_cover.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 87
Just curious, have you broken one of the plastic ones? It seems that a lot of the enviro sealed first stages I've seen lately have plastic rings holding the seal in, and I dont know of any that have broken.

Edit:
Nevermind I just read that you cracked 2 of them. I'll look into it for the hell of it, I'm an engineer at a place that makes pressure vessels, and we have a decent machine shop in house.

Just curious, have you broken one of the plastic ones? It seems that a lot of the enviro sealed first stages I've seen lately have plastic rings holding the seal in, and I dont know of any that have broken.
Yep. Twice... Once while shipping to service tech, and once diving. The first time a small piece of it chipped off from the bottom where the threads are, and the second time i just noticed a crack while inspecting my stuff after diving...

Its a really cheap part (like couple of bucks) but it was hard to get one for whatever reason... in the end the local rep just took one off of his own regs and gave it to me.

Cheer.

Back
Top Bottom