Oceanic excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwelch_81

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone have this BC if so you could tell me what you think of it and maby add a pic of the back of it I would like to see the tank straps. Thanks.

My wife and I both dive with the Excursion and love it. Here are the pictures of the back and the strap.

Attachments

• Oceanic Excursion Straps 001.jpg
    Oceanic Excursion Straps 001.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 290
  • Oceanic Excursion Straps 003.jpg
    Oceanic Excursion Straps 003.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Oceanic Excursion Straps.jpg
    Oceanic Excursion Straps.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 228
Thanks for the replys I am a little between the Mares Icon and the Excursion thanks for the pics I couldnt find them anywhere else. I like the fact that you can convert the excursion to dual tanks. Can you guys give me some info on the weight balast? (location and such) Thanks.

although it says you can dive doubles i dont think you will be to comfortable doing it the catalog says that you can even get an optional crotch strap but when i called oceanic about it they said that i couldn't get it that they just haven't told anyone you cant get it but now that i have my weighting down i dont need it it hold 10lbs in the back that are non dumpable and the front weights are easy to load without any prob. all in all i love this bc and would not go with another one because this satisfies all the needs i have

I have used this bc for about a year now and find it to be quite comfortable. It is very minimal as far as standard BCs are concerned. Oceanic also has an excellent reputation for customer service if there is ever a problem. The only draw back is dumping air. You need to use the pull dump in the inflater/deflater hose to efficiently dump air, as holding the manual inflater up and pushing the button is very slow.

If you are at all considering doubles then you really need a backplate and wing. It is sort of like using a screwdriver as a chisel. It works, but it is not optimal.

I've dove doubles with the Excursion. Great (almost too good) recreational BCD. But, for doubles, go with a Backplate and Wing. If you want a BCD feel, you can add a comfort harness ...

Thanks guys I don't think I would ever need doubles but who knows I just liked the fact that the option was there. Can you tell me where the trim weights are and if you can get to them with the bc on.

Taking it off to add trim weight isn't a problem but it would be better to just have your buddy add a little weight till you get trimmed out.

Also are there any more dumps on the BC besides the inflater hose?

Hello jwelch_81,
Just wanted to add in here that I too dive with an Oceanic Excursion and I absolutely love it. I can't say I know anything about the Mares Icon, but the Excursion is a top notch BCD.
Let us know which you choose!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom