Oceanic Excursion BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaag03

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I own the Oceanic excursion and would like to add the Air XS 2 Alternate Inflator. Is this something I can install myself? Also what size should I get, 14", 16", 18", 20", the BCD is a large, I'm 6'0, 185 lbs.

Thanks!

it looks like u just screw it on the back and id get the 20 " im 6'1" and i have a xl and im not sure how long it is but it could be a little longer i think it would make it a little easyer to use

The air XS2 is easy to install. Ideally you should change the gasket on the shoulder and the Air XS2 does come with a gasket for that purpose. Make sure that you do not cross thread it when installing it. The measurements provided are the combined lengths of the 2 oral inflator hoses used in its construction. The measurement does not include that of the airXS2 itself nor the the round ball connector which the portion of the unit that you grab and pull to dump air from the shoulder. I think that these pieces actually add 2 or 3 inches to the overall length of the unit. Be careful not to get one that is too long as you might get the feeling that it to get one too long as it might feel like it wants to pull out of your mouth which will also happen if you get one that is too short

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom