Oceanic DX3 first stage - how does it perform and compare to CDX5 reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried posting this 10 mins ago and for some reason it did not post. So, here's try #2.

I bought a reg set of ebay and received it in the mail today. I thought I was buying a Oceanic CDX-5 first stage but turns out I bought a much older Oceanic DX-3.

Does anyone have experience with the DX3 reg? It's paired with Omega II second stage and Delta 2 octo. How does the DX3 perform and compare to the current CDX-5 model? Has there been significant advances in first stage design and performance in last 10 years? Of course mfg will say YES since that's their business but I'm interested in divers opinions.

Thanks for you help

I found some information about the reg but didnt get any responses on scuba board. I had the reg serviced and have dove with it several times over last 18+ months since buying it. I've had no issues and plan to keep it. Of course, I'm always up to upgrade but figured I needed to use it for a few years to get some value out of it. I was also excited about the Omega II second stage but it's a little too wet for my liking but I've just kept it as my octo.

Do you have experience with DX3 reg?

Had the opportunity to buy a used one but I just found out it is a DX4. Planning on buying it so we'll see how it does but some other members filled me in on the details.. mainly that it is a goo first stage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom