Oceanic Delta III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smay28

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about Oceanic regs and interchangability?
I haven't seen any of these regs "hands on" and was wondering about the exhaust deflectors. I'm kind of drawn to the Delta 3's adjustability but prefer the deflector on the Alpha series and wanted to know if they are molded into a one piece body, or if the parts can be swapped out? i.e. Alpha deflector on a Delta reg. Any and all Oceanic owners feel free to chime in...
Thanks,
Scott

not an oceanic owner, but haveserviced them a couple times. No they are not interchangeable because if you ever do see one, the size of the second stages is different. The delta is a lot smaller than the Alpha 7, so the plastic exhaust deflector is molded differently and will not fit. I wouldn't worry too much though, the delta sits very close to your face and the bubbles are deflected pretty well. The delta is nice reg. The 'set and forget' feature is nice.

rescuediver009:
not an oceanic owner, but haveserviced them a couple times. No they are not interchangeable because if you ever do see one, the size of the second stages is different. The delta is a lot smaller than the Alpha 7, so the plastic exhaust deflector is molded differently and will not fit. I wouldn't worry too much though, the delta sits very close to your face and the bubbles are deflected pretty well. The delta is nice reg. The 'set and forget' feature is nice.

Great! Exactly the info. I was looking for.. Thanks Res009...
My reading did indicate that they were a little different in size so I thought that might be a problem, but was just wondering if they were one piece or if the deflectors were detachable.
Appreciate your expertise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom