Oceanic Datamask Inoperative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My new Datamask is scheduled to arrive today. It should be no secret that I am a gadget guy. I love gadgets and I would be lying if I said my love of gadgets didn't have something to do with me buying the Datamask.

However, I also bought the mask/computer because I have a hearing problem and I can not hear sounds in the range of any dive computer I have tried. I looked at the TUSA wrist computer, because it has a vibration alarm function. But, I ultimately decided against it because it is not air integrated.

I believe (in my case) the Datamask adds another degree of safety. BTW, when the other divers get back on the boat and complain that someone's computer was beeping like crazy, I'll know it wasn't mine.

Update kits are being shipped today - West coast dealers will begin receiving them tomorrow - Monday, East coast should arrive end of next week.

philmayer:
Doug, do the dealers have to order these, or are you shipping them based on masks that you shipped? Mike hasn't said anything about a retrofit kit. I'll ask him tomorrow if he knows about them.

I would like to know about this also, my mask works great, I love it but the cover screws have turned green even though I clean then each time I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom