Oceanic Data Trans Plus problem...any experts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROKNDJ

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have not used my Data Trans dive computer since November 2008. It's workied perfectly. I recently powered it up to get ready for my next dive trip and it said low battery and powered off. I have replaced the battery with 4 others and it will still not power up. I would be sure it’s not the batteries. I love it and dont want a different one...yet can't afford a repair due to a recent layoff......I don't know what to do or who to call and I leave in 20 days for my trip. Please help! ;0)

Thanks!!!

Dale

If you're convinced its not the batteries, it could be that the computer battery contacts are dirty/corroded.

If I understand the Owner's Guide, as written on Page 76, the DataTrans will only activate is there is enough battery power to complete a full day of diving. Since the computer checks both the Transmitter and Display Module, I'm guessing that you still have a low battery in the transmitter.

Make sure you have a fresh 1/2AA Tadiran battery they are pricey. If it does not start then you have a bad computer. good news no repair cost bad news they don't fix that computer anymore upgrade only. Mine is still going good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom