Oceanic Chute 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vertaqua

Reaction score
Has anyone used this BC? I've heard a lot of good things about the Oceanic Chute 2 and Oceanic custumer service; but not a whole lot on the new version. Any of you DIR people can save your time and not engage me in an argument about the supposed superiority of BP/W.

Hi Vertaqua,

Dove with a fellow who has just purchased one of these units and he is quite happy with it. One of the things he did mention is that it is a somewhat bulky and heavy BC. In your consideration that is something you might want to think about.

Not to change your mind but you should also take a look at the new products by DeepOutdoors. Go to www.deepoutdoors.com and take a look for yourself at their stuff. They seem to have some pretty nice BC's which are modular and will allow you to change them to your particular needs.

...and no I am not one of their representatives or get paid to say this, just in case that you may be wondering.

It just seems like they are good products. I received their brochure about 2 weeks ago. If I was not looking into rebreathers I would probably purchase one of their BC's. I say this because I just sold my GENESIS RECON to start a rebreather TRUST fund but I have to tell you that it was a mother to carry. :confused:

Scubakid

I owned a Chute 2 for a brief time and it wasn't bad. My only complaint was with the weight pouches. Depending upon the amount of weight you use the weight pouches can be a pain in the backside. I was using about 36- 38 pounds weight. There's no way you can load the dump pouches with that much weight after you put the BC on. I don't know if the Chute 3 uses the same weight system as the 2 so things may have changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom