Oceanic CDX5 Environmental Endcap, Transfer Piston & Environmental Diaphragm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Layback

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an Oceanic CDX5 first stage with a Neo 2nd stage. I did the following and could use some guidance/feedback (if you could please)

1) I was a spaz and took the environmental endcap off and removed the environmental diaphram & transfer piston. I put them all back in and screwed the environmental endcap back on. I did not adjust the intermediate pressure or touch the adjustment cap in any way.

2) I called a Oceanic retailer and spoke to their Oceanic technician who told me to bring it in so he could test the intermediate pressure. He that you need to reinstall the environmental diaphram & transfer piston while testing the pressure.

3) I brought it in and someone other than the person I spoke to checked the intermediate pressure (it read 140). He tested it with all of the pieces in place (but did not test the pressure without the pieces in place and continue testing while they were put back in). In other words, he reassembled the first stage and confirmed that the pieces were put back together properly, screwed the environmental endcap back on, and then tested the intermediate pressure, which read 140. Manual says between 138 and 142.

Is there any reason why I should be concerned? I assume it's fine but feedback from an Oceanic tech that this is okay would give me the warm fuzzies. :D

Thanks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom