Oceanic CDX5/Delta 3 vs. Scubapro MK18/S600 or MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro regulators are over-rated, over-hyped and over-priced. There are lots of great regulators out there for much less money than scubapro regs (zeagle ZX series, oceanic, aeris to name a few).
If you're gonna dive in cold water, less than 40F, go with a enviro-sealed diaphragm 1st coupled with a cold water second. Don't fall for the hype.
Thanks for dredging up a four-year old thread for your fanboi rant. :rolleyes:

The thread you replied to (the one immediately above yours) where the guy talks about the MK-17 "under development"? OBTW, it turned out to be a fantastic coldwater reg. :eyebrow:

John (Apeks owner, not that it matters)

hey guess what? its been four more years!
i started my ow class at a scuba pro dealer and was diving a cdx5 gt3 felt like a great breather at the time "no exp" to know otherwise. got my cert did some diving in ow and felt like i just could not get the ease of breathing i wanted i had it checked out and it was adjusted to the best cracking eff. i was going to get. (got it checked at a oceanic dealer so i know i was not going to get told buy this sp reg its so much better) got back in the water and still did not breath all that great. so i later went out to my lds who is a sp dealer and was going to buy a mk17 a700 and was told that the mk 25 g250v would breath beter and was less money so here i am with my new reg setup and breathing easy. note i still use my cdx5 gt3 on my pony itll do the job of getting me back to top side if need be. also sp has life time on parts solong as i keep it serviced every year witch i do anyway 25$ a year is a well worth service to keep air in my lungs at depth and to keep that gt3 out of my mouth lol

Back
Top Bottom