Oceanic Atom 2.0 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horn34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sure this is simple for any Atom owners, I just can't figure it out. I picked up a used Atom 2.0 on ebay and have it programmed correctly (I think, after reading the manual multiple times). What I can't figure out is the sequence of buttons to push to go from "Air" to "Gas1" (which is set at 32% Nitrox) when I'm about to start a dive.

Thanks in advance.

it should be similar to the Geo 2.0. Hold the upper left button down until it enters dive mode. Then cycle through the menu until you reach Select F. hit select and then use the buttons on the left to change from air to the % you are using

Weird. So you have to navigate to the same screen where you originally programmed in the O2% to start a dive? Seems like a real pain in the butt.

Just so I'm understanding, you go to this screen, leave it flashing and then start your dive?

atom_gas2.jpg

I misunderstood what you were asking. You were asking about gas switching during the dive? As far as i know that can only be done during the di e so it is hard to try it out on the surface. The manual states you can switch gases up to 10 minutes after the dive. Could be a good time to test it.

After gas 1 is set to % nitrox, all you have to do is dive and it will be on what you set. You can check it by going to plan, the % set will show up there.

I have an Atom 3.0, so it might be different. But, if I'm understanding the OP correctly, I think what you need to do is change your approach.

Don't set one gas to Air and another to 32% and then plan to switch between those. Instead, just always use Gas1 (only) and change the FO2 to 21 or 32 or whatever you want before the dive.

The whole "multi-gas support" thing on recreational computers is, to ME, a complete Marketing gimmick that has no real practical use.

The whole "multi-gas support" thing on recreational computers is, to ME, a complete Marketing gimmick that has no real practical use.
Technical diving is a marketing gimmick.

People go diving. Some have black computers, some have silver or coloured computers. Wh should the colour of the computer matter to how many gasses it should handle?

If someone has a multigas computer and wants to learn a bit about accelerated deco then it comes in quite handy, even when teaching tables.

If we accept, for the sake of avoiding DI as the name of an agency, that T means something surely a multigas computer is by definition a technical computer? Or, since they all do deco, are they all technical?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom