Oceanic Atom 1.0 and fast ascents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Sirs,
I am preparing CMAS 3*** level (or FFESSM 4th level). Quite close to PADI Dive Master.
And during those trainings, we proceed to several fast ascents, until 3 meter or until surface, in the same dive.

Does any of you could tell me if my PCD (an Atom 1.0) manage such dive, mainly for decompression ?
Does this management include any event, like dive to 20 m, ascent to 5 m, 4 time, before deco stop at 5 m, emergency ascent to surface for 30seconds, and back to 5 m stop?

Many thanks,
Stephan

If I understand correctly, your question is whether the ATOM will "survive" a trip to the surface and back down during a deco stop - it, and all of our computers will. They will enter what we call "conditional violation" on the surface, which you have 5 minutes to correct (submerge beneath ceiling). Additional details may be found on page 105 of the manual: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/12-2489-r02.pdf

Back
Top Bottom