Oceanic 3.1--Pairing with wireless transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2828

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought an Oceanic 3.1 and I'm unable to pair the PDC with the wireless transmitter. I took advantage of the "free transmitter" promotion but the transmitter did not come with any documentation. It looks like I need to put the transmitter ID number into the transmitter ID window in the PC software. When I first ran the software, there was already a number present that is different from my transmitter. The PDC is new but it looks like a transmitter has been paired to it in the past. Regardless, I can type in the BM number from the side of my transmitter but no matter how I try to save/update the software, the old ID number remains in the window when I reload the software.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. Is it correct that the only thing I need to do to pair the transmitter with the PDC is input the correct transmitter ID number? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• Oceanic 3.1 transmitter problem.jpg
    Oceanic 3.1 transmitter problem.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 779
I've tried, but it doesn't save. It just reverts to the ID number that was already present when I first connected the computer.

Entering the transmitter number can be done manually directly using the buttons on the dive computer instead of using the software and a PC But it does sound like you have missed the correct spot in the software to do it. You must have the correct USB adapter with the drivers installed and select the correct PDC in the software after programing the settings into the software including turning on the transmitter option and entering it's code number. Then using the USB adapter you must upload the setting to the dive computer you will only be able to test if this actually works with the transmitter install to your reg and the reg attached to a scuba tank with the valve open. This is because the transmitter only turns on when it senses pressure. You can however see if the dive computer took the upload by again using the USB adapter and downloading the settings from the dive computer to the laptop. This should then show the changes you had made on the prior upload.

Back
Top Bottom