Ocean Tech's XT100 BuddyPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlogged

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone who's used the BuddyPhone. Do you feel that it's performance is worth the money? Did you have a lot of problems with the half mask leaking?

Humm???? good question... sure would be cool if it worked well..

Hi Waterlogged,

The HM-2 mouth mask is a great alternative to full face masks. It is manufactured by Ocean Technology Systems of high grade black non-allergenic silicone.

The key to using the mouth mask is your own mask. I have found that the smaller the mask skirt (least amount of skirt under the nose), the better the mouth mask fits.

When they leak, they typically blow air out which can make it hard to hear and see. When you have a good mask and the mouth mask fits correctly, you forget you have it on.

Of course the AGA full face mask is much easier to use, sounds clearer but also more expensive. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hey there Waterlogged, the OTS products that I have tried is miles above the rest.

What is it you would like to know about them?

If you're looking to pick any OTS gear up, you should talk to King Neptune about it.

Thanks for the info! I feel more at ease about spending my cash. Mario, I'd definately like the CD you spoke of! How do we exchange information privately?
My primary concerns were whether the product functioned well and if there were problems getting a good seal.
I really appreciate the responses! It helps greatly in deciding how you're gonna spend your hard earned money when people are willing to give you the benefit of their experiances.
Miigwetch! (that's ojibwe for thank you!)

Hey, thanks Mario..,
I can download from Texas Mike's site. The people on this site get involved! I posted the same post on another site who's name I won't mention (Rodale's) and got 0 responce.
Thanks!
And go jump in a lake (or some other dive spot)!
WATERLOGGED.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom