Ocean Master Masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve70638

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What ever happened to Ocean Master masks? They seemed popular and available but now, no one seems to carry them. My LDS says they ran into "production" problems last year but still haven't seemed to recover. Were they at DEMA this year?

I have a hard to fit face and the Ocean Master View 3 is the only mask I have ever found that really fits me well. I hate to lose it and have to find something else.

steve70638:
What ever happened to Ocean Master masks? They seemed popular and available but now, no one seems to carry them. My LDS says they ran into "production" problems last year but still haven't seemed to recover. Were they at DEMA this year?

I have a hard to fit face and the Ocean Master View 3 is the only mask I have ever found that really fits me well. I hate to lose it and have to find something else.

The View3 was the only one that came close to fitting me properly, without leaking (much), as well. I noticed they were disappearing (even my LDS gave me another View3 for free, since no one was buying them -- they're very high volume). I tried finding a View3 with a black skirt (which was available at one time) and finally gave up.

Long story short, I collected mondo masks, and putting each aside, looking for a replacement, and finally found the SeaVision Ultra. I'm not fond of the magenta tint, so I ordered mine in clear. I love it! Doesn't leak. Fits like a glove. Comes in a black skirt. Has completely replaced the View3. I have two (with and without purge), and I'm about to order a 3rd with the built in gauge readers (not the stick-on hydro-optx, or the XS-SCUBA glued on), rather, SeaVision grinds the enhancement into the bottom of each lens. And the gravy is, the SeaVision customer service is fabulous.

I have an Ocean master got it last year...I'll have to ask next time I go to the LDS.

They still have a web site so I doubt they are out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom