Ocean Master Dry Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoobs

Registered
Reaction score
Does Ocean Master still produce the Dry Snorkel Advanced? The XS Scuba M-line Dry Snorkel looks like the same product. Are there any differences? I have an Ocean Master Dry non-flex) snorkel and am looking to buy a new one. For snorkeling, I have read that I should avoid the flex snorkel. Is there any disadvantage to using a flex snorkel while snorkeling (other than cost)?

The flex Oceanmaster works just fine for snorkeling. I've used it for years teaching snorkeling classes in the Caribbean. Sure the non-flex version (of which I have two) is a *little bit* more comfy if you're out for protracted periods, but that's almost like splitting hairs.

In fact, if you like talking to people a lot during snorkeling, the flex model is superior. All you have to do is open your mouth, and the mouthpiece swings out of your way. If using a non-flex Oceanmaster, it's more than likely you'd (literally) need a hand. Or you like spitting REALLY HARD.:D

There's another thread going on right now regarding some sort of defect going on with newer Oceanmasters. Oh wait I see you've already posted there. Ha ha.

Hey spoobs:
Yep, the same. Same tooling. Same factory. Same materials. We made a few tooling changes to correct a couple of small issues, removed the old logos and added the XS Scuba logo. Other then that, it is all the same.

Does Ocean Master still produce the Dry Snorkel Advanced? The XS Scuba M-line Dry Snorkel looks like the same product. Are there any differences?

Hey spoobs:
Yep, the same. Same tooling. Same factory. Same materials. We made a few tooling changes to correct a couple of small issues, removed the old logos and added the XS Scuba logo. Other then that, it is all the same.

If you want to take a look at the XS Scuba M-LINE (old OceanMaster), follow this link. I think you will find the prices refreshing compared to the old OceanMaster line. And, EVERYTHING comes with a 10 year warranty!

XS Scuba M-LINE Masks and Snorkels

Phil Ellis

Thanks Phil,

Looks good, but when I checked it out, the Country was locked as USA, so looks like it's a no go for the likes of me. :(

Got any room left in the US. It may be more beneficial to just move on over, or get dual citizenship. :wink:

And, EVERYTHING comes with a 10 year warranty!

A snorkel with a 10-year warranty, huh? Is the warranty voided if you don't get it serviced annually?

Back
Top Bottom