Ocean Master Beta Titanium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mandy3206

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone knows if the Ocean Master Beta Titanium Dive Knife has the hammer in Titanium or SS.I'm asking 'cause I found that a Titanium replacement hammer is offered.

Does the hammer gets lost easily?

Am I missing something?

I would expect a Titanium Knife to be all Titanium and polymer and no SS parts anywhere.

Anybody has one?

Thanks
Mandy

i have one and the hammer part is ss. but everything else is all titanium, cept for the plastic handle. You can pull the whole thing apart to clean and lube it if you desire.
hope that answered your question...

Edit btw... i would be very interested in the info you have about a titanium replacement hammer

Edit 2, i have never lost the hammer part, when the knife is put together its locked in so i dont see how it would fall off? but im just one person, someone else might have had a different expierence. And i agree i would have thought a titanium knife would be all titanium so why use a ss hammer? Lol and the heaviest part of the whole knife is the ss hammer.

I've got the titanium tanto from ocean master, my understanding is that the steel tank banger/hammer is used to keep cost down a smidge with the option of replacing it with the titanium.

mk57nato:
i have one and the hammer part is ss. but everything else is all titanium, cept for the plastic handle. You can pull the whole thing apart to clean and lube it if you desire.
hope that answered your question...

Edit btw... i would be very interested in the info you have about a titanium replacement hammer

Edit 2, i have never lost the hammer part, when the knife is put together its locked in so i dont see how it would fall off? but im just one person, someone else might have had a different expierence. And i agree i would have thought a titanium knife would be all titanium so why use a ss hammer? Lol and the heaviest part of the whole knife is the ss hammer.

http://www.diversdiscount.com/resources/frameset.asp?src=/shop/shopon.asp?category=Knives

Click Knives, below any OCEAN MASTER Ti knife is the option.

Does the hammer screws directly on the tang?

The UK Ti knife has a plastic part that hooks the tang and then has a thread that the hammer uses as a screw.I want a metal to metal connection, not a plastic bridge between the tang and the hammer

rambo knife:
I've got the titanium tanto from ocean master, my understanding is that the steel tank banger/hammer is used to keep cost down a smidge with the option of replacing it with the titanium.

That's the one I'm looking at!

Any ideas where to buy it at a good price?

rambo knife:
I've got the titanium tanto from ocean master.

I like the Tanto since you can use it as a pointy knife for poking or a blunt knife for prying, even can be used as a screw driver (flat or phillips).

rambo knife:
you can get the titanium replacement hammer at scuba.com for like 20 dollars

Jeez, I wouldn't spend $20 on a whole knife. If it's something you would worry about dropping it isn't a good SCUBA knife.

BarryNL:
Jeez, I wouldn't spend $20 on a whole knife. If it's something you would worry about dropping it isn't a good SCUBA knife.
Barry, I don't know where you've been getting scuba knives recently, but I haven't seen one the size of the Ocean Master Beta Titanium for less than $20. I wouldn't risk my life for a $1000 scuba knife (should one exist) so why the heck am I going to worry about one that is $40 or $50? (Don't try throwing Nitrogen Narcosis into the mix either, because I've been narc'd before and I know I wouldn't risk my life to chase a sharpened piece of metal with a handle).

Firebrand:
Barry, I don't know where you've been getting scuba knives recently, but I haven't seen one the size of the Ocean Master Beta Titanium for less than $20. I wouldn't risk my life for a $1000 scuba knife (should one exist) so why the heck am I going to worry about one that is $40 or $50? (Don't try throwing Nitrogen Narcosis into the mix either, because I've been narc'd before and I know I wouldn't risk my life to chase a sharpened piece of metal with a handle).

There's always someone selling a second hand knife for $5 on eBay. I'd only go for blunt ended ones, though I have a pointy one I got free with a dry suit.

The DiveRite mini knife is also probably a good choice as a backup for around $15 new.

Back
Top Bottom