Ocean Encounters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribbean soul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know if Ocean Encounters in Curacao offers guided shore dives.
They did last year but I don't see it on their web site.

We were just in Curacao over Christmas, stayed at Lodge Kura Hulanda and dove with Ocean Encounters West. Their boat on the West End was out of commission for part of the trip (fortunately we got in a trip to Watamula and Mushroom Forest), so they took us on shore dives at Porto Mari and Cas Abao. Not sure if they are part of their regular itineraries, but they know and dive them. I'd suggest emailing them and let them know what you're interested in. They seemed very agreeable to us, and were more than willing to make things work for us.

Have fun.

I stayed at Lions Dive and dove with them and they did offer guided shore dives. They are a first class organization.

OHGoDive:
We were just in Curacao over Christmas, stayed at Lodge Kura Hulanda and dove with Ocean Encounters West.

We are staying at the Lodge Kura Hulanda in March. How was your stay?

caribbeansoul,
where are you planning on staying? i was there in july and stayed at the breezes and they had guided and nonguided shore dives. If you choose to go without a DM/guide, they'll give you a float to tow so that they can keep track of divers. You can read my review of them here

caribbean soul:
I can give em a call for you, but remember, there's plenty more options.
If you have any questions, just shoot a pm.

tony

lishen:
caribbeansoul,
where are you planning on staying? i was there in july and stayed at the breezes and they had guided and nonguided shore dives. If you choose to go without a DM/guide, they'll give you a float to tow so that they can keep track of divers. You can read my review of them here

Staying at the Sea Aquarium down the road from Breezes

Read your review. Thanks

lishen:
...they had guided and nonguided shore dives. If you choose to go without a DM/guide, they'll give you a float to tow so that they can keep track of divers.
We just returned from Breezes Curacao. OE did offer a daily guided shore dive and we were asked to tow a flag when we went on our own.

They had a small group out on their own on Friday and one of them got into some trouble - it looked like a bit of panic set in. The response was quick, fortunately one of their boats was on location. So, I can second what lishen said about keeping track of divers. From what I saw it was handled very well by the staff.

Ocean Encounters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with SCUBATEXASTONY, there is a good dive outfit just next to Breezes and down the road from Seaquarium that specializes in shore dives. My wife and I dived with them last August and are going back this August. I believe SCUBATEXASTONY also dived with them since I have seen pictures that he has taken on thier website. If you want more info PM me. :14:

If you're looking for guided shore dives in Curacao, check out the-dive-bus. Really nice people. To answer your question, OE does still do guided shore dives but I'm not sure how often they will take you away from their local reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom