Ocean Edge Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tgmdiver

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has in information regarding which battery to use for an Ocean Edge wrist-mounted dive computer.

I do know it's a large flat, round batter like a hearing aid battery but larger. I looked for one and the sizes were off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

tgmdiver

Need a better idea to wich computer you are refering.
Does this computer have a 4" by 4" square front with three screws around the side and circular back? Is the display seperated into a man screen, a battery screen, a thin on top and a big screen on bottom, all outlined with diferent colors. The battery compartment is a circular screw in thing on the bottom with two metal washers and a metal cup inside?

If this sounds like you computer let me know. If it is, Renata Battery still makes the battery for it and you can get it by calling their US distributer. Just tell them it is for a dive computer and they will most likely know which one to give you (its their bigest lithium). They don't like to sell whole sale to the public but if you sob about how you have looked everywhere for this battery for an old dive computer they may sell under the table, wholesale! I got a box of them from them for like $10. If we are talking about the same computer let me know. If not, sorry.

If it's a wrist mount then it's the MC36/40... family. We used a 1000mah/3V lithium coin cell. There are a number of places to get them, but unfortunately you will have to look around.

rtavernetti:
Does this computer have a 4" by 4" square front with three screws around the side and circular back? Is the display seperated into a man screen, a battery screen, a thin on top and a big screen on bottom, all outlined with diferent colors. The battery compartment is a circular screw in thing on the bottom with two metal washers and a metal cup inside?

If this sounds like you computer let me know. If it is, Renata Battery still makes the battery for it and you can get it by calling their US distributer. Just tell them it is for a dive computer and they will most likely know which one to give you (its their bigest lithium). They don't like to sell whole sale to the public but if you sob about how you have looked everywhere for this battery for an old dive computer they may sell under the table, wholesale! I got a box of them from them for like $10. If we are talking about the same computer let me know. If not, sorry.

P.S. Tekna never had anything to do with this computer. I designed it almost three years after they went belly up.

rtavernetti:

The battery in my computer is a CR2477. It is about the size of a quarter. I found it on the internet at www.microbattery.com
Hope this helps! I'm new to the site so I just saw your message.

I have the Ocean Edge Computek (haven't used in a while). I'm looking for a battery for it. ???

I think it is the CR123A 3V battery. Is this right ?

hello,
I have 2 ocean edge dive computer device's and am looking for mannuals or copies of mannuals. one is a computek II that connects to your air tanks and the others is a mc36 or 37 or similar device that guages depth and decompression status and just
attacheds to the hose. I can't tell what model the unit is and donot know how to operate therefore I need mannual of copies of mannual. willing to pay for the material
thanks

and another question....I have an Edge, ORCA, the original I assume, manual date 1984, serial number 4022....in the original box with manual, spare seals etc, and looks almost brand new...and the original purchase receipt......what's it worth today?

anyone know where i can find a manual online for the Edge? spare seals? wow, wonder what part number that was.....

Back
Top Bottom