Occidental Pier Fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We dove today and pickup up 2 people at Occidental. The divers went to pay at the front desk but they were told they could not. They were told it was the dive operators responsibility to pay and would not accept the money. The person at the dock would not let on the boat until the dive Op played to fee. The DM and he had to run up and pay the fee. The divers then handed the DM the fee once they got on the boat. What a hassle. The Pappa Hog's boat just loaded from the beach and gave the peace sign (minus one) as they left. Crazy!

Apparently the battle for business is intensifying in Coz, there are numerous recent threads about this issue, to reward or punish divers for not using the in house dive op.

Not good. I'm going there tomorrow and didn't know Occidental was also pulling that BS. Was planning to dive with Christi and she never mentioned this. I little too late for me to change my plans and hope I can hold my temper if someone tries to nickle and dime me to death. This will fall on Occidental even though I have a feeling it's Pro Dive pull this stunt.

It is not the $5 the problem. The issue was they would not let the guest's pay. They made the DM get out of the boat and run up and pay. The guest's were ANGRY!

It is not the $5 the problem. The issue was they would not let the guest's pay. They made the DM get out of the boat and run up and pay. The guest's were ANGRY!
And that’s a long run if he had to hit the lobby? If at ProDive, then that’s right off the pier.

Took a 2 or 3 min. We were on Aldora 1. Maybe Dave has more info.

First message I've seen about them now charging for pier use.

Took a 2 or 3 min. We were on Aldora 1. Maybe Dave has more info.

Dear NDL, yes it now seems that as of tonight the in house dive op (ProDive) wants the divers to pay $3 to use the pier to load on other boats. That should be much easier for the diver than running up to the main office, but another reason to cut the Occidental off your list.

Dave

I assume it will affect both the Allegro & the Grand since Pro Dive serves both.

, but another reason to cut the Occidental off your list.

Dave

That’s drastic! The Occidental is a nice resort and ProDive runs a very professional outfit from there.

Back
Top Bottom